MORILEE CANADA LTD – WEDDING DRESS CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW OR TO CLAIM THE PRIZE FOR THE MORILEE CANADA LTD – WEDDING DRESS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”). THE CONTEST ENDS May 31, 2020 AT MIDNIGHT (EDT).
2. The Sponsor: The sponsor is MoriLee Canada Ltd, 1293 Caledonia Road, Toronto, Ontario M6A 2X7 (the “Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada over the age of 18. Excluded from eligibility are employees and volunteers of the Sponsor, their immediate families or persons residing at the same address, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, and other individuals or organizations affiliated with the Contest.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, an entrant must provide an entrant’s full name, address, email address, and telephone number, along with a true and inspiring story about frontline workers in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic and submit the foregoing to www.morileecanada.com and look for a link to the Contest (the “Entry” or “Entries”). The Entry must be received by May 31 2020 at midnight EDT (the “Closing Date”). The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or fail to reach the Sponsor by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated Entries or Entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and are not returned.
5. Prizes and Approximate Value: There are a total of five (5) prizes and each prize consists of one (1) wedding gown with a retail value of $2,000.00 (the “Prize” or “Prizes”).
6. Entry Specifications: Only one (1) Entry per person is permitted for the entirety of the Contest. The Entry will be included in the respective Prize draw based on the date and time of submission, and will not be considered in subsequent Prize draws. No entrant may win more than one (1) Prize. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these terms and conditions, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify an entrant from entering, participating and/or winning a Prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these terms and conditions are void. The Entry may not contain any objectionable content, as determined in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, and must be appropriate for a general family audience. By entering the Contest, the entrants: (a) declare and warrant that they have all necessary rights, including copyright, to submit their Entry for the purposes of the Contest and to grant the rights specified in item (d) of this section; (b) declare and warrant that the submission of the Entry and the use by the Sponsor of the contents of said Entry, as specified in item (d) of this section, does not infringe the rights of third parties; (c) declare and warrant that every recognizable person mentioned in the Entry submission, if applicable, have expressly consented to the uploading and use of the contents of such Entry in connection with the Contest and by the Sponsor as specified in item (d) of this section; and (d) automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of rights in said Entry submission expressly grants) the Sponsor, its affiliates or authorized agents a worldwide, unlimited, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, display, translate, reproduce, publish, transfer, adapt, edit, exploit, broadcast, transmit, communicate, publicly display and/or distribute the contents of such Entry and create compilations and derivative works from such Entry for purposes of promoting/advertising the Contest and the Sponsor’s products, services and activities. In addition, the entrants warrant that all “moral rights” in connection with the Entry and works appearing in said Entry have been waived (including their own moral rights). All Entry submissions are final and no changes or substitutions are allowed. Entry submissions will not be returned.
7. Prize Restrictions: The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Sponsor reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative Prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances, to cancel, terminate, or modify this Contest without notice if not capable of completion as planned. In the event of cancellation, the Sponsor reserves the right to select potential winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to the date of cancellation. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Any additional costs or fees associated with the Prize and any expenditure above the retail value of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Winner Selection: All valid and correctly completed Entries received by the Closing Date will be entered into a Prize draw which will take place on June 15 2020. Five (5) winners will be selected, based on their stories submitted with their Entry.
9. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified via telephone and/or email. Before being declared a Prize winner, the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing question. The winner must also complete, sign and return a standard declaration and release form (the “Form”) and provide a mailing address for delivery of the Prize. The winner must claim his/her/their Prize within thirty (30) days of the Sponsor sending the notification. If the Prize is unclaimed after this time or if a potential winner fails to correctly answer, unaided, the time-limited skill-testing question and fails to return a signed copy of the Form, the Sponsor reserves the right to offer the unclaimed Prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these terms and conditions, or not to award the Prize.
10. Compliance with the Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person whose Entry does not comply with these terms and conditions, or who has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the Entry process, the operation of the website, manipulating or rigging the winner selection process, harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of the Sponsor, or otherwise in violation of these terms and conditions.
11. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Contest, the entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Sponsor’s affiliates, and their respective employees, representatives, agents and insurers, including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of Prizes, materials or services related to this Contest (the “Released Parties”), from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or resulting from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising in connection with participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of the Prize that may be awarded, or for claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, defamation, intrusion of privacy, or breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation (i) errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest; (ii) the processing of Entries or in any Contest related material; (iii) the announcement of the Prize, selected entrant and winner; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible Entries; (iv) for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunctions or errors; (v) for Entries which fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error. If in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process and/or void any Entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing and award the Prize using all eligible non-suspect Entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Indemnification: Entrants must indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, which any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by the entrants with any of the terms and conditions or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance of the Prize.
14. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
15. Publicity: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes a winner’s permission to use his/her name and address (city and province/territory), email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), photograph, video footage, image, likeness, Prize information, and declarations related to the Sponsor and/or the Contest for advertising, editorial, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media on behalf of the Sponsor without any further notice or compensation.
16. Terms and Conditions are Binding: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. Laws and Regulations: All entrants agree that the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, and the rights and obligations of the entrant and of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada; and that any dispute shall be resolved in courts located in the province of Ontario without regard to its principles of conflicts of law.